Mittwoch, 8. April 2009

You Were There

You Were There written by Jess (June 08)

Thought I could never escape this black hole
Felt lost and empty in the dark and cold
Thought I could never stand up
Revive from this darkness around me
Thought I could never get rid
Of this numbness inside me

But there were you
You brought light, warmth and hope back to me
You gave me strength
When I thought I couldn’t make it
You were there
When I needed you the most

It’s only after those tumbling events
I realize
I don’t have to get through things alone
Because you are there

Broken family, broken heart
It doesn’t matter
Because it’s with you
Where I feel at home

It’s with you
Where I can be myself
Because you take me as I am

May it be fate or not
that our paths crossed
I’m very thankful to call you my friends
Because without you
I’d be still sitting in the dark
Alone



This is a text I wrote in June 08 after the new record of 3 Doors Down was released. The lyrics of this record really inspired me to write this. I wrote it for my friends who were always there for me.

And today I feel that I have to thank again.. 'cause you're the ones who always build me up when I'm not feeling well!

"In this ever changing days.. you're the one thing that remains" (Chris Daughtry - Feels Like Tonight)

This text is dedicated to to all who really do care:
  • my (unfortunately) ex-classmates: we had the best time together! Lausanne, Basel, Tschiertschen, Prag and Staré Splavy ruled ^^
  • concert buddies: Whether cozy tunes or heavy metal, concerts with you are priceless!
  • my soccer dudettes: we'll kick some serious asses in this second half of the season =)
  • the B.O.D crew: You have the best bar ever! Legendary nights^^
  • the LMM girls: Last Monday of the Month = best and loudest (^^) Monday of the Month
and specially dedicated to:
  • Manuela and Martin: Always there no matter what! I’m always welcome in your homes! You treat me like a family member! I really appreciate it! Thanks!
  • Silvana: We understand each other without words..
  • Sarah: I will never forget W:O:A 08! You have a unique way to make me smile =)
  • Patricia: Somehow connected through music =) Will never forget our first Metal concert ;-)
  • Andrea: Always there to listen.. someone I can always turn to!
  • Nicole: Our conversations are priceless.. The serious and senseless ones ;-)
  • Barbara: We always have an awesome time together! Greenfield, 3 Doors Down, B.O.D.. just to mention some great moments!
  • Martin and Janick: Who knows.. maybe I would never have been infected with "GAS" if it was not for you! Remember I was the ONLY one who did not get annoyed by your "guitar conversations" ^^
Thanks guys you all are the best friends I could ever have!

2 Kommentare:

  1. I've already read your text one year before... And already told you, that i LOVE IT!
    So, once more.. it's just a great text!

    Take care,
    Anina

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Jess, Würklech e schöne Text! Guet gschribe! Friends are one of the most important things in life! Ha gar ned gwüsst, dass du o e blog hesch! Wirde ne ab jtz regelmässig bsueche!!!

    AntwortenLöschen